Thursday, February 16, 2006

And GATA Takes 1st!

Ok, so maybe not 1st, but they do have a good show this year. In fact, I'd say it's one of the best GATA shows in the last five years. Their props look great, their stage presence was good, and their lyrics are funny.

Now, granted, after last night's performance, there's no doubt in my mind that Sigma Theta Chi will be announced champions for the fifth year in a row, but last night I was proud of our girls in red and white. Or, actully black and white...for those of you who don't know, the women of GATA are sheep this year.

I went to last night's dress rehearsal and couldn't help but remember all of the random, fun times we had as GATA's. The gym smelled the same, they had the same technical difficulties, there was shouting from the seats, it was as if we hadn't left. I expected at any minute for Julie, Mel, Walker, Kendall and Rach to come and ask if we could all go to Sonic. I expected Holly and Kim to walk around the corner and ask if we wanted to get pizza from the campus center. I almost looked around to find my friends taking pictures, laughing, walking around the concourse, wishing we didn't have to be at Moody, but loving the fun times with friends. Anyway...I'm done reminiscing.

So, I was able to see all of the club shows last night and the host/hostess acts that followed. If I had to give awards last night, this is how I would rank the girls clubs: 1st - Siggies, 2nd - Alpha Kai, 3rd - Kojies, 4th - GATA. Now, after last night, I would actually say it was a toss-up for 3rd between Kojies and GATA. Kojies were not on their game last night, so it will be interesting to see if they pull it together. Now, GATA does have a good show this year, but Siggies were great(on a Wednesday night) and Alpha Kai was pretty good too. Out of the boys clubs: 1st Gamma Sigs, 2nd - Galaxy, 3rd - Frats, 4th - Pikes. Pi Kappa pretty much took the place of Sub-T this year...they really didn't have much of a show.

Now, as for the hosts/hostesses this year, I've seen better. I'm not sure if they were wearing their actual costumes last night, but if they are, they're a little disappointing. Now, I'm not going to name names, but one of the hostesses that I expected to be great...is not great and can't dance. For those of you coming to this year's show, you'll figure out who it is. The guys this year are average, nothing spectacular. The song selection wasn't wonderful, so basically it was just an ok performance. Granted, last night was dress rehearsal...I know things won't be fabulous on Wednesday night, but they could have been better. I know that once Friday night arrives, most of the problems will be worked out. They usually are. These are just my opinions from Wednesday night. We all know how things change from Wednesday to Friday.

So, I hope you all have a safe trip coming to A-town, but I want you to get here fast! I can't wait to see all of you guys!

1 comment:

FeedingYourMind said...

With that great of a detailed explanation of it all, it is tempting to not have to come to town at all now! ;)