Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Theory on Weekends

I have a theory on weekends. Well, not just any weekend...I have a theory on good weekends. I think there are two types of good weekends.

Type A: a weekend spent having a good time, enjoying yourself, taking part in activities that are fun, but not tiresome. The end result of a Type A weekend - satisfied, fulfilled and rested. You feel rejuvenated and energetic.

Type B: a weekend spent having a good time, enjoying yourself, taking part in activities that are fun and that wear you out. The end result of a Type B weekend - tired, worn-out, exhausted and drained, but you still had a great weekend.

So, normally, I try not to dispute myself, but this past weekend I found a Type C. Type C is a combination of Type A and B. I had a relaxing, easy weekend, but still ended up exhausted and drained. So, now I'll need two Type A weekends to recover from my Type C weekend. Which, that's not going to happen. Next weekend I'm going camping with some of my best friends...yeah, like we're going to get any rest!

So, enough of the "Type" talk...here are some highlights from my weekend.

-I got to see my family! My mom, dad and sister came to Abilene to visit me and my brother. They got here Friday night, my mom cooked dinner for us, we watched a movie, sat around my house, caught up on each other's lives and had a great time. Saturday morning we went to breakfast, they came to see my office, then we headed back to the house, baked all day and spent great quality time together. They had to leave early Sunday morning, but we had a wonderful visit. We were all in desperate need of some family time!

-Saturday night I went to an Acappella concert. Now, I didn't stay to hear Acappella, I was actually there to hear the opening act...Cornerstone. I was there supporting the tenor, who, by the way, has an amazing voice! HOT!

-The tenor showed up to my church Sunday morning and went to lunch with us afterwards. Good thing I was wearing a blue shirt to bring out my eyes! (If you want more about the tenor, you'll have to email me or call, cause I'm not posting it on my blog.)

-Our church has started having family circles(small groups) once a month on a Sunday night. This past Sunday night was our first round. My family circle is quite interesting...I'm by far the youngest in my group...the oldest is at least 80. However, the evening exceded my expectations...I actually had a good time and it's nice to meet new people. The old men in my group cracked me up!

So, that was my Type C weekend, paraphrased. Let's hope that the upcoming weekend will be a little more restful...yeah, right.

6 comments:

FeedingYourMind said...

Are you going camping TWO weekends in a row? I'm impressed...way to take on TWO of those "Type B" weekends in a row then. ;)

Ellison said...

I'm not going camping two weekends in a row..."next weekend" is NEXT WEEKEND, the 10th-12th, and let me just tell you...I'm completely excited!

Jennifer said...

Wait...I thought he was in Acappella. I'm confused.

Jamie Lewellen said...

CAMPING!! YAY!! Hot dogs and s'mores for breakfast, mmmmmmmm...good.

Anonymous said...

who's this tenor guy???

jealous about the camping. and wish i could have joined you on that one family circle...i'm sure it would have been interesting...entertaining...enlightening...???...all of the above??

haha. love ya.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that blue shirt you have does wonders for you.

So when can we expect the blog about your boyfriend?? I WANNA KNOW!!