Thursday, July 26, 2007

A New Opportunity

Several of you know I've been looking into a new job opportunity for awhile and I want you to know how much I've appreciated your prayers and support. I'm happy to let you know that yesterday, it all paid off. I received the phone call yesterday offering me the position of University Events Manager at my alma mater. It's been a position I've been interested in for a few months now, and after much thought and prayer, the offer finally came through. It's such an exciting opportunity, but intimidating at the same time!

I turned in my resignation to my current company today, and without sharing too many details, I'll say that my day was pretty crazy. My current company is in a sort of tail spin right now since this came as a shock to the majority of our team. However, even with the begging and pleading for me to stay, I feel like God is leading me down a new path and I'm back on track towards my ultimate goal. Events are what I'm passionate about, so I'm very excited about this opportunity and hope for the best!

Thank you again to all of you who have lended support over the past month or so. My last day in my current role is August 16. I ask that in your prayers, please ask for a smooth transition for my team and that in the end, they be taken care of as well. This decision was bittersweet for me. Such an excellent opportunity, but I'm also leaving a great team of people who worked under me. I learned a lot in my current role, saw a lot of interesting things, met a lot of great people, made many friends, and grew a lot both professionally and personally.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

Congratulations Jenn!! I know you are incredibly excited! Woo Hoo!!

Do me a favor and tell Lisa I said "hi" will ya?

Miss ya and proud of ya!

Katey said...

Yeah! They're so lucky to get you!!

Julie said...

so awesome! i'm very proud of you!

DeeDee Price said...

Congrats Jenn! I second Katey... They are lucky to get you!!!

Wendy said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats, Jenn! That is perfect for you.

Kaylane said...

HEY!! I'm a little late in finding your blog...but I did!! MISS YOU!!