Monday, October 13, 2008

Season

“There is a time of year when even before the first leaf falls, you can feel the seasons click. The air is crisp, summer is gone and for the first night in a long time you need a blanket on your bed.”

“ It was official a new season had begun. Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn’t fall in love, or have babies or be who we are. After all, seasons change, so do cities, people come into your life, people go. But its comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart and if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.”

Those of you who are Sex and the City fans may recognize the passage above from the “I Heart NY” episode. It’s one of my favorite episodes…in my top 5. I love the opening and closing lines, and over the weekend felt they completely described the current season of my life.

1 comment:

Julie said...

lovely.