Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I know we've all gotten the random email stating life's simple pleasures like finding money in your winter coat pocket, fresh laundry and all of those other typical "simple pleasures." Well, I decided to make my own list...just a quick list of a few of my simple pleasures. They're in no particular order, just whatever happens to come to mind.

Jen's simple pleasures:
-Fireworks
-Starbuck's Tazo Iced Tea
-Getting an email from someone I haven't talked to in awhile
-Airports
-Flying in an airplane
-Giving fabulous gifts
-Camping with good friends
-Thunderstorms
-Football games
-Facials
-Etiquette books
-Staying at a hotel
-Cold, crisp sheets
-Fabulous restaurants
-Burberry perfume
-Facebook/MySpace messages or comments
-Movie/tv show marathons
-The Lord Bless You and Keep You with 4,000 people in Moody Coliseum
-Great IM conversations
-Listening to a new favorite song over and over
-Time with my family
-The smell of Johnson & Johnson baby oil
-The harmony of old-school country groups like the Gatlin Bros., Satler Bros., Oakridge Boys., Diamond Rio...
-ACU Friday chapel...Praise Day
-ACU's Opening Ceremony...gets me every year...Battle Hymn of the Republic
-Cymbidium orchids
-Breakfast
-Fun text messages
-Playing catch
-Laughing till you cry
-Making costumes
-Looking through old pictures
-Remembering the fun times, anticpating the fun times still to come

Take a minute to think about your simple pleasures. It's comforting.

4 comments:

FeedingYourMind said...

"making costumes"....HA HA HA HA!

You did NOT put that on there...HA HA HA HA!

Melody said...

youre my simple comfort

Jamie Lewellen said...

I miss making costumes! I'm so happy that you put that on there. :)

FeedingYourMind said...

What the crap are you talking about...we aren't in Sing Song anymore and it isn't Halloween time...

Who makes costumes in the summertime?!?!?! ;)