Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Last to Arrive

The last in the Ellison family will arrive in Abilene today to move onto campus and begin life as a freshman. It's hard to believe that she's old enough to leave home and join me and Spencer in A-town.

It seems like yesterday she was begging me to play Barbies with her. It feels like just the other day we were baking Christmas cookies with my mom in the kitchen, riding 4-wheelers around the farm or shopping for her first formal. My little sister has left the small town and is about to embark on a new chapter in her life. College.

There's so much she'll learn during her four years in Abilene. I look back on my time in college and think of all the life lessons that I learned, all the fun I had, all the amazing friends I made. I know she'll have the same experience. I'm blessed to be able to witness her first few weeks of school. And before I know it, she'll be graduating. In four years, she'll be the last in my immediate family to walk across the stage in Moody Coliseum. The next four years will fly by just as fast as the past 18 years have. It will be here before we know it.

No comments: