Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Night of Games

I left Abilene around 2pm Saturday and headed to Dallas to see a few of my closest friends from college. It was definitely good to get out of town and good to see the girls. We went to a Rangers game that night, and thanks to our pal Misty, we had incredible seats! I had fasted all day so I could eat a ton of food at the game. And that's exactly what I did...hot dog, nachos, cotton candy, ice cream sandwich. It was wonderful. The Rangers won, so that's always a plus. An added bonus, fireworks at the end of the game! Not just any fireworks...they were in red, green, white and pink in honor of Mexican Independence Day. And yes, the show was choreographed to Latino music. Very interesting.

After the game we headed to Holly's house for a few rounds of Circle of Death, Pit and Balderdash. We were there until around 2:45am just laughing, talking and catching up. It was literally a night of games. It was so good to see the girls I've missed so much. For just a few hours, we were able to put away our lives and just be friends. Just laugh. Just talk. I love moments like that.

1 comment:

FeedingYourMind said...

Sounds like y'all had a good time. Maybe I'll have to join up with y'all next time you're in town! ;)