Monday, September 29, 2008

Here Comes October

My favorite month of the year is literally one day away! Now, you may be wondering why October is my favorite month...well, my friend, it is my favorite month for several very important reasons:
1-Fall, fall and more fall! Autumn is everywhere! Leaves are changing, the air is cooler (not in Abilene, but in normal places, leaves are changing and the air is cooler), the smell of wood burning fills the air, the scent of spices are everywhere and pumpkins are around every corner! And, I just realized I left Halloween off my list of favorite holidays a few posts ago. Dang it! Well, Halloween is around 4 or 5.
2-My birthday is in October! While I don't like the thought of getting older anymore (this happened when I hit 25 and someone told me I was half way to 50), I do so love my birthday! A whole day that is mine. However, the 21st falls on a pretty boring day this year (Tuesday) so both of you who read this need to make Tuesday, October 21st even more special!
3-Homecoming! My alma mater does a great job of celebrating homecoming and welcoming back their alumni. Even if I didn't work for the school, I'd still come to homecoming! Something about the craziness on campus, seeing old friends, packed football game...marvelous! I'm so excited about seeing so many friends! My pal Caddie is coming in from California and is staying with me...I can't wait to see her!

Here are a few fall pics I find inspiring!





My cousin Jody and I are taking her kids to the pumpkin patch Wednesday night. I'm so excited! I love the pumpkin patch and I love those kids...so fun! I'll take pics and post them!

Happy fall everyone! Enjoy this time of the year!

No comments: