Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Down...
One more to go! A Prairie Home Companion was a huge success! We almost sold out Moody, APHC had a fabulous show, no major mishaps, and everyone left happy! What more could you ask for?!

I haven't been that tired after an event in a really long time, but every sore muscle, every hour of sleep lost, every high maintenance patron, was well worth it...what a great experience!

Here is the link to the Prairie Home website so you can see what they said about Abilene!



On a completely different subject...I was kept up all night last night due to a domestic disturbance next door. Part of me wanted to call the cops, part of me wanted to knock on their door and ask them to please be quiet...but a big part of me wanted to sit in my bathroom with my ear pressed against the wall listening to them arguing (which is what I did). :) At one point in time, the girl ran out of the house screaming. About 15 minutes later she said "I just wish someone would help me." It was at this moment I contemplated calling the police. But I didn't. I was afraid of what they'd do if they found out I called the cops. They're not very good neighbors AT ALL! If I find out the girl was murdered last night, I'll feel absolutely horrible. But I'll be a good witness! I'll be like one of those old nosey ladies who listens to everybody's business in the neighborhood. How pathetic is that?! There actually were several moments in the night that I was afraid. So, I slept with a kitchen knife beside my bed and cell phone in hand. It was officially the first night in my three years at the duplex that I've been afraid.


Onto ACU Homecoming!

1 comment:

Julie said...

jen, i def. sat at my living room window one night, peeking through the blinds, watching a couple fight across the street. i also contemplated calling the cops but decided against it. the guy was plastered and kept calling his wife horrible names. if anything physical had happened, i'd have called. alas, it didn't. so, i stayed in one position for like 2 hours, amazed that this kind of thing happens in real life.

a couple of times, i thought, who in the world would let a guy call her something like that? i'd have physically abused anyone who treated me like that. oh, well... i guess that's why no one treats me like that.

please note: i'm not taking abuse lightly. it's a very serious problem, i know. for real, i know.

can't wait to see you soon, fellow nosy neighbor!