Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ta Da

Homecoming is over! What a great weekend! The only downside, well the main downside, to working Homecoming is that you don't get to spend a lot of time with friends who come to town. I had many best friends here over the weekend, and I was only able to spend minutes with them. So sad! Same goes for family...good thing my parents came to some of the events or I wouldn't have been able to see them!

I've decided that since I was only able to spend a short amount of time with my friends at Homecoming, I need to go visit them. It was a tease...just a taste of the fun we used to have and can still have. Therefore, I've made the decision to visit as many of them as possible between now and the end of the year! I've said it on my blog, so I must stick to it! So, those of you who live far and away, be looking for an email or a call from me very soon...I'm coming to see you! Especially those of you who live in DFW...we're way overdue for a game night or camping trip!

I'm going to Lubbock this weekend and I'm totally pumped! I get to see my pals Julie and Mel. Julie and I are going to the Texas Tech vs. Texas game. Should be an awesome game! I'll of course yell for Tech...hello, I'll be on their side wearing a Tech shirt! But, it's one of those situations where you can't be sad with whatever team wins! What an amazing showdown! It should prove to be a tough game for both teams! Speaking of football...GO CATS! Much like Texas and Tech, ACU Wildcats are 8-0 this season! I'm so proud of our boys! They play in Abilene next weekend and I'm totally pumped! I've vowed to attend the championship game in Alabama if they go all the way! I may not be their "#1 fan", but I'm right up there! We're ranked No. 1 in the region, No. 2 in the nation!

Here are a few pics from Homecoming...


ACU Parents of the Year...my mom and dad!


My sister marching in the parade


Fam after Homecoming chapel


Me and Caddie after chapel

2 comments:

Julie said...

well, i'm glad you're coming to visit, but if i hear you say even once this weekend that "it's okay whoever wins," i'll take you to task. it is NOT okay if ut wins. sheesh. get your guns up, jen! i can't wait to see you tomorrow! yay! yay! yay!

FeedingYourMind said...

Wow...that will be a fun game to attend!

I so wanna go with you to Alabama if we go to the championship! GO ACU!

Yes, yes, YES! Come to DFW! We miss you and are SOOO ready to hangout with you, WITHOUT having to do it around ACU events! ;)

Like, dude, I wish you could see these ridiculous halloween costumes I am going to wear at work tomorrow..HA HA! I feel like I'm back at ACU being crazy! I'll take pictures I'm sure!

Later, hater!