Wednesday, February 04, 2009

God, Give Them Strength

A good friend of mine from college suddenly lost her mother yesterday. My heart hurts for her and her family. When she called me yesterday afternoon, I was stunned. I was at a loss for words for what seemed like eternity, but was a fraction of a second. All I could say was how sorry I was and that she will be in my prayers.

I pray that God gives her peace and comfort. That her family will be a source of strength for her and that she finds comfort in knowing she has friends who love her and are here for her. God, give them strength.

2 comments:

Julie said...

not sure who it is, jen, but i'm so sorry to hear that. i can't imagine. she'll be in my prayers.

DeeDee Price said...

She will be in my prayers as well, I know how overwhelming it can be. Is this a friend I know, if so could you email me? I would love to be able to offer any support I can.