Friday, June 24, 2005

SEX AND THE CITY....IN ABILENE?

There were seven girls at my house last night...me, Abra, Alyssa and our new pals Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. It was kind of an "old fashion movie night" meets "girls night," complete with Ben & Jerry's, girl talk, and a lot of bottled water. Abra and Alyssa are from ACU and are spending their summer in Abilene. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha came all the way from New York. I've known these four girls from Manhattan for quite some time now. However, Abra and Alyssa are fairly new to the Sex and the City "experience."
Many of you are aware that the cable channel TBS is showing re-runs of S&C, and for those of you who have found a new interest in the sit-com, let it be known that the HBO version is quite different from the edited version on TBS. As I watched season three last night, I realized that I had forgotten how explicit these "fab four" women could be...or, was I just aware of it because I had guests in my home watching with me? Whatever the reason, for those of you who are a new fan of TBS Sex and the City...I'll warn you now... HBO/DVD is, well, different.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I shall definately keep that in mind about the HBO/DVD version. I've always wanted to see that show but never really got the chance yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness we so need to have sex and the city parties!!! love that show!!! we should get together and watch it sometime! although, you can't watch a whole season in one night...it's just too much!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with you on the HBO Sex and city ellison. I watched one episode of it on HBO (which was my last) and it showed the whole frontal side of a guy. So for now I stick with my Seinfeld episodes.

Anonymous said...

okay. i've got to admit i've never really watched Sex and the City...but, that's not the purpose of this comment. the purpose of this comment is to act mad at you...GRRR!! (that's my growl and there's a not so nice face to go with it I just cant type that)...you're having parties w/o me...grrr...sniffle sniffle...okay, now it's turned into a watery-eyed-teared-face. No, no, I'm okay. Really, I'm okay.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I agree with Amber! One season is a lot to take in in one night! We did it once and it took like, 7 hours. Anyway, let us know if you want to join the SATC party invite list--we have them all the time! :)
Love ya!
~Naye