Tuesday, July 19, 2005

BAHAMAS INSTEAD OF BOYS

With hurricane Dennis no longer a threat, and hurricane Emily approaching behind us, my sister and I headed to Florida Tuesday morning for a much needed vacation. After a smooth, three-hour flight, we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, picked up our rental car, and headed for the pristine beaches of Hollywood. Our drive was like something seen in the movies complete with palm trees, shanties and glimpses of the beach.
We arrived at our resort right on schedule and were immediately greeted by valet attendants and bellmen. We checked in, arranged for our luggage to be delivered to our room and headed to the north tower. We stepped onto the elevator, pushed our floor number and our elevator exclaimed "Going up, 23rd floor." I will admit to this being my first experience with a talking elevator. My sister and I instantly made friends with "the voice" in the elevator and greeted her everytime we rode. Basically, the only words she knew were "Going up, going down," and our floor numbers.
We strolled through the halls until we found room 2365. We anxiously opened our door and were instantly amazed at our ocean view. The beds were heavenly, bathrooms were marvelous and the view was breathtaking.
Tuesday we spent the day getting acquainted with our resort and the town. Wednesday was our beach and spa day. The first half of the day consisted of sleeping late and laying around on the beach. We then left for our afternoon at the spa. Hands down, the best massage I have ever had! We then ventured away from our hotel and visited a local seafood restaurant...cool place, great atmosphere, good food, sorry service. But, ask me about it and I'll tell you about the awesome decor.
Thursday was meant to be our cabana day...which translates into Jen and Jes being fed fruit by a cabana boy. But, instead, we decided to take a quick flight down to the Bahamas. So, Thursday we left our hotel at 5:30am, caught an early flight and spent the day shopping and tooling around the Bahamas. We went to The Atlantis resort, met up with our friends, ate breakfast, shopped all day, met our customs limit, went to the beach and flew back to Florida that night. It was a blast!
The Bahama beaches are amazing! Here are few pics of The Atlantis, me and Jes.
Friday was our last day in Florida, so we laid around by the pool and tried to catch as much sun as possible. My sister left darker than ever, while I left looking like a lobster.
We had an uneventful flight back to DFW, were picked up by our family, ate dinner in Dallas and crashed once we made it back to good ole' Van.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, my friend from church was at the Atlantis at the same time you were there. And she's from Tyler. Who did you meet up with there?

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah. And I forgot to mention that I'm incredibly jealous.

Anonymous said...

No. I wont forgive you. And to top that, I'm very jealous of you right now. grrr. haha, j/k :)