Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Friendly Encounter

Do you ever meet someone and instantly know you want to be friends with them? You've enjoyed their company so much on your first encounter, you hope to run into them again. Go to dinner with them, go to a movie with them, go to a party with them. This feeling of connectedness has only happened to me a few times in my life and I'm happy to say that I'm friends with those people still today. I broach this subject because I had such an encounter tonight...Thursday, March 27, 2008. The date is only relevant for two reasons...My friend Caddie turns 23 on March 27, 2008 and in a year when I re-read this blog, I'd like to remember this exact date.

The description of my encounter, or should I say, our encounter:
Since it was Caddie's birthday, I felt we should have a night on the town...you know, good ole' Abilene. While we were out, we met two of the most fabulous men. Now, when I say fabulous, I don't mean gorgeous, "I want to marry him", "I want him to have my babies" fabulous...I mean fabulous like he could pick a great pair of shoes, design a room, tell me all about Barbara and Judy fabulous. Get my drift? So, for the next 2 hours, Caddie and I sat chatting and laughing with two of the most fabulous men in Abilene. We both instantly loved them! How fun?! Two stunningly delightful men, devilishly charming, and wickedly funny. Could you ask for anything more? We have several of the same friends, run in the same semi-circles, our paths have just never crossed. Well, I can assure you our paths will cross again! We will simply have to rendezvous with this fabulous couple once again!

Much love to our new duo!

1 comment:

FeedingYourMind said...

Oh my gosh, you are SUCH a nut, but that's sooo funny! Way to go, buddy!